Drydene Retraplex® Onyx 5% Moly EP
DRYDENE RETRAPLEX® ONYX 5% MOLY EP 2 is a severe-duty lithium complex grease fortified with extreme pressure, load protecting and tackifying additives to provide extended protection to off-road, construction, mining and agricultural equipment that require extended shock loading protection.
DRYDENE RETRAPLEX® ONYX 5% MOLY EP 2 is designed for use in a wide array of off-road and industrial applications across where heavy shock loading and excessive friction may occur:
- Construction equipment
- Surface and underground mining implements
- Agriculture machinery
- Off-highway trucks and loaders
RETRAPLEX® ONYX 5% MOLY EP 2 is very well suited for the following implement-specific applications:
- King pins
- Bucket and pivot pins
- Ball joints
- Crusher bearings
- Anti-Friction bearings
- Bucket bushings
- Shaker screens
- Aggregate conveyor systems
- Fifth wheels
- Power takeoff shafts
FEATURES & BENEFITS
DRYDENE RETRAPLEX® ONYX 5% MOLY EP 2 provides maximum protection to critical equipment components with its chemically superior additives that ensure consistent, extended service under the most several operating conditions:
- Molybdenum Disulfide (5%) help reduce meta-on-metal friction and carry excess loading on moving and non-moving parts.
- High dropping point helps the grease maintain its performance even at excessively high operating temperatures.
- Severe duty EP and anti-wear additives provide extended service to protect equipment and reduce maintenance costs over the life of the unit.
- Ideal for use where protection from water washout and water spray-off may be a factor.
- Provides excellent pumpability in automatic delivery systems both air and electric.
TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||Onyx EP 2|
|Thickener Type||ASTM D128||Lithium Complex|
|Penetration @ 77°F, 60 Strokes||ASTM D217||265 – 295|
|Dropping Point, °F||ASTM D2265||525 min|
|Base Oil Viscosity, cSt @ 40°C||ASTM D445||340 – 360|
|Timken OK Load, lbs||ASTM D2509||55|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||90 min|
|Four Ball EP Weld Point, kg||ASTM D2596||620 min, 800 typical|
|Four Ball EP Load Wear Index||ASTM D2596||98|
|Four Ball Wear Scar, mm||ASTM D2266||0.5|
|Moly Content||ASTM D128||5.0|
|Water Washout @ 175°F||ASTM 1264||1.1|
|Water Sprayoff, % loss||ASTM D4049||18|