Drydene Retraplex Diamond Blue™ EP 2
Drydene Retraplex Diamond Blue™ takes heavy-duty grease to a new level; it performs best when operating conditions are at their worst. Featuring proprietary polymer chemistry, Drydene Retraplex Diamond Blue is engineered using select base oils that are blended with a water-resistant polymer system to promote adhesion and product stability. This system helps reduce oil bleed in service and coordinates with the thickening system to provide superior extreme pressure performance.
Retraplex Diamond Blue also includes optimum levels of AW and EP performance additives to maintain a proper lubricating film in extreme conditions and protect ferrous and non-ferrous surfaces from corrosion in wet environments.
Click Here to read about Diamond Blue’s debut in Lubes’n’Greases.
Volumes10/14 oz Case, 120 Lb Keg, 35 Lb Pail, 400 Lb Drum
Drydene Retraplex Diamond Blue™ is designed for use in the toughest on-road and off-road conditions where frequent and/or prolonged exposure to water, debris contamination or extreme conditions may occur:
- Concrete and paving contractors that regularly operate equipment in wet conditions over a seasonal range of temperatures where frequent cleaning is required
- Agriculture and forestry implements that come into frequent contact with crops, dirt, gravel, dust and the elements which can build up on operating surfaces especially booms and buckets
- Sanitation and waste control vehicles that require frequent greasing due to loading, exposure from a wide range of seasonal elements and contamination from waste materials
- Heavy-duty truck fleets utilizing standard and extended-range drain intervals where scheduled maintenance cycles may not always occur at the same location or operating conditions
- Home builders and excavators with mixed fleets that move from location to location on a regular basis in varied operating conditions, both wet and dry
Drydene Retraplex Diamond Blue is suitable for use in non sealed for life wheel bearings, chassis and general lubrication where superior performance from a single grease is desired.
Features & Benefits
Drydene Retraplex Diamond Blue™ contains proprietary additive chemistry and resilient soap thickeners that greatly enhance its adhesive properties when exposed to water. The result is superior performance in applications where wet and humid conditions occur frequently:
- Extremely low water sprayoff and water washout percentages mean Diamond Blue stays in place and lubricates exceptionally well even when exposed to or submerged in water
- Very high load wear index and weld point which are key benchmarks for protecting greased surfaced from wear, scarring and deformation
- Formulated to resist rusting and corrosion, even in the presence of water and other contaminants that can affect metal surfaces
- Outstanding roll stability and very low water absorption helps Diamond Blue maintain its structure and consistency under loading and adverse conditions
- Excellent tackiness and adhesion without sacrificing pumpability or mobility even in cold operating conditions
Severe conditions can make typical greases vulnerable to thinning, softening, washout and reduced pumpability. Drydene Retraplex Diamond Blue is built to withstand the rigors of the elements and the harshest operating conditions.
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||DIAMOND BLUE EP2|
|Thickener Type||ASTM D128||Lithium Complex|
|Penetration @ 77°F, 60 Strokes||ASTM D217||288|
|Dropping Point, °C/°F||ASTM D2265||250/482|
|Base Oil Viscosity, cSt @ 40°C||ASTM D445||220|
|Four Ball EP Weld Point, kg||ASTM D2596||620|
|Four Ball EP Load Wear Index||ASTM D2596||101|
|Four Ball Scar Wear, mm||ASTM D2266||0.41|
|Timken OK Load||ASTM D2509||50|
|Copper Corrosion||ASTM D4048||1a|
|Rust Prevention||ASTM D1743||Pass|
|Water Washout @ 79°C||ASTM D1264||1.8|
|Water Sprayoff, %||ASTM D4049||9.0|